Why you should care about PCI Compliance?
One of the top questions asked of our support team regarding PCI compliance is, “Why do I have to do this”. The simple answer is “for the protection of your business and the customers you serve,” Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance is designed to protect businesses and their customers against payment card theft and fraud. If your business accepts, stores, or transmits card data, PCI DSS compliance validation is required by card brands such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
The cost of a data breach for a small business can run between $25,000 to $500,000 dollars in fines and legal fees. Those numbers should get your attention if you are a business owner that is not currently PCI compliant. PCI compliance protects your customers and your business.
What happens if I’m not PCI Compliant?
If your business is not PCI compliant then you’re not following the best practices outlined by the PCI DSS. That means that your business and your customers are at risk. Businesses that don’t follow the PCI DSS guidelines are also able to be hit with non-compliance fees. So, while remaining non-compliant isn’t illegal, it’s costly.
How can 1stMILE help?
At 1stMILE, we provide you with a set of tools and technology to help your business become PCI compliant. From online self-service tools to a managed services program, our team is here to help.
1stHELP PCI Basic and 1stHELP Managed Services
- The 1stHELP PCI Basic self-service portal helps merchants achieve PCI compliance with online tools to self-validate. We have partnered with Security Metrics to provide an easy to use online tool. Best of all, it’s included with your 1stMILE product.
- 1stHELP Managed Services offers merchants online tools and guidance from compliance experts to help the merchant become compliant and complete their PCI validation. Many owners don’t have the time or staff to become or remain PCI compliance. A proactive technical support advisor will stay on top of helping you stay PCI compliant.
- Yearly outreach when it is time for initial enrollment and compliance validation renewal
- Guided walk through of compliance questions and concerns
- Assistance with questionnaires or other merchant requirements
If you have questions about your current PCI Compliance please contact our support team at 855-554-6179. For more information on 1stHELP Managed Services call 866-806-0334 .